NT Concepts, a data-driven technology innovator working on the most sensitive and mission-critical programs in National Security, has an immediate opening for a Proposal Manager. This is a flexible, hybrid job that is based in Tysons Corner, VA. In this role, you will have the ability to work remotely with the requirement to come into the office, as needed, for coordination. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for all aspects of proposal development efforts they lead for NT Concepts. This will include directing and coordinating the activities of proposal volume leads, technical authors, and consultants to produce high-quality winning proposals.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for working closely with the Capture Manager to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials. This individual will be responsible for leading/mentoring less experienced proposal staff and proposal writers. When needed, they will also contribute to proposal development writing efforts. You will work with proposal coordinators, consultants, and teammates to create compelling documents. Moreover, the Proposal Manager will interface with a range of matrixed resources and temporary help to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal.
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document structure.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes. Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proof-reading and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as kick-off meetings, strategy meetings, color team reviews, etc.
- Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Develop and manage to a proposal schedule.
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines (working with Proposal Coordinator if assigned).
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or similar instructions/requirements.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
- Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership skills, the ability to build a strong team, and experience effectively resolve conflict and vectoring appropriate resources to maximize proposal development.
Additionally, you will
- have at least a TS/SCI clearance (desired).
be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
possess a bachelor's degree and 8-10+ years relevant professional experience in Proposal Manager or Solutions role.
- have 8+ years of track record of winning proposal efforts valued at $50M or more.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.