Nowaday is a full-stack experience company uncovering and narrating every city’s most fascinating stories so we can all feel them first-hand. In 2019, Nowaday launched with a private and on-demand "Roaring '20s" classic car tour in NYC, and has since designed other experiences that also highlight the unique culture and history of the city. Our team, backed by funding from leading VCs, is poised to redefine the way that people experience cities.
The Role / Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated self starter to join us as a Fleet Manager. This person will serve as a fundamental part of our team, while playing a key role in overseeing the day-to-day logistics and functionality of our classic car fleet. The “Fleet” consists of twelve eye-popping rides from the 1920’s and 30’s, including a collection of iconic Ford Model A’s, Chevrolets, and Chryslers. As Fleet Manager, you will play a leading role in a startup set to transcend the tourism industry and help grow the business into an iconic staple of NYC travel.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate with third party mechanics and transportation providers for routine maintenance and scheduled repairs
- Train and provide ongoing education for all Nowaday drivers to ensure everyone is comfortable and confident within every vehicle
- Keep an organized record of all updates and maintenance for each vehicle in the fleet
- Work directly with management to design and influence company policies and procedures related to drivers and their safe operation of the vehicles
- Monitor drivers’ post-ride surveys to identify any potential issues that may require the attention of our maintenance team
- Conduct regular visual inspections and test drives to diagnose any issues and perform basic adjustments when needed
- Communicate with scheduling team to ensure that our most reliable vehicles are always prioritized
- Ensure that our vehicles are always looking their best!
Basic Qualifications (Must-haves)
- Passionate about cars
- Experience working with or building classic cars
- Self-starter who is able to work in a highly demanding environment
- Someone with exceptional organization and communication skills
- Active driver’s license with clean driving record (no serious moving violations)
- Able to pass a Drug Screen and Background Check
- Legally able to work in the United States without restrictions for any employer at any time
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. We understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!