Nowaday is a full-stack experience company uncovering and narrating every city’s most fascinating stories so we can all feel them first-hand. Launching with a private and on-demand "Roaring '20s" classic car tour in NYC, the company has built an experience that highlights the unique culture and history of the city, and invites travelers to step into the story of the real New York.
Our platform is run on a proprietary booking engine, which processes all reservations in real time and creates a seamless booking experience for customers. As a Software Engineer, you will work on features and functionality that span across the backend API, smart prioritization of resources, dynamic pricing models, passenger communication and notifications, and more. You will work directly with the founders of the company and tech leadership, and will help grow the business into an iconic staple of NYC Tourism and beyond. Our team is composed of startup veterans with successful exits, is backed by funding from leading VCs, and is poised to redefine the way that people experience cities.
Who you are:
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- 2+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- Experience with and creating APIs, MVC frameworks, micro services, front end frameworks, 3rd party vendor integrations
- Extensive experience working with Python/Django
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- DevOps/systems experience a plus
- Shopify platform and/or Shopify API experience a plus
- Experience working with remote/onsite hybrid teams
- Experience with all sorts of testing (unit, functional, E2E, Etc.)
Who you'll do:
- Collaborate with our small growing team on all aspects of application development
- Learn and grow with the company as well as teaching and mentoring others along the way
- Choose your own adventure as a contributor or leadership/manager career path
- Help define and build a healthy and strong engineering culture
- Be involved in building the team through interviewing/hiring/onboarding
- Determine all aspects of the technical direction of the company and the tools we choose and build
- Have massive impact on all aspects of Nowaday's business
Tech we currently like: Python/Django, Django Rest Framework, MySQL, AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Etc.), Terraform, CircleCI
With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds, and all experiences, to apply. We understand that job requisitions don't always allow your unique work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know!