Novus is an innovative company that is changing the way the world invests. We are a high growth, disruptive technology firm bringing big data analytics to the alternative investment industry. Our platform enables investors to consistently maximize their performance potential through discovery of true investment acumen and risk, proprietary industry insights and expertise, and effortless data management and enlightenment.
The company is looking for an inspirational designer to build and lead design initiatives for the brand.
We operate in an industry in which over $120 Trillion is invested annually on behalf of pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors and family offices. And yet, lack of data intelligence and insight results in much of that money being invested based purely on historic track record, with little transparency into performance acumen and / or risk management. This is our challenge and our purpose: to help investors make better investments. In doing so, we aim to provide the single network on which trusted professionals will engage, promote, and manage their businesses. In short, we want to help the world invest better. And we need you.
As a designer at Novus, you will be responsible for establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction of the brand as well as developing your ideas into actionable results. In this role, you will oversee all internal and external (freelance) design staff as well as their work, such as production artists, photographers, illustrators, printers, videographers and anyone else who is involved in the development of design assets. You will also be expected to source and select vendors, suppliers or any freelance talent needed to execute design projects. As Designer, you will be given a lot of responsibilities and creative authority. You will report directly to the VP of Marketing, and be based in New York, NY.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Define, design, and communicate various aspects of Novus’ brand identity – brand, print, web, digital, product, content and more
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts for print, web, brand and in some cases packaged goods
- Create visual assets that help articulate the impact of the company’s mission, culture, products and business vision
- Present and explain concepts, answer questions and communicate changes in a clear and logical fashion to the company and all necessary stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, of various sizes and scopes
- Actively engage with the design community to build relationships, foster collaboration and develop Novus as an employer of choice within the creative community
Our culture is critical to us. It’s how we push ourselves every day to do better than the day before. We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities, understand how each and every component of our company works to generate success, and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable to the highest standards. As a result, we will enjoy talking to you if:
- You have a natural competitive drive to become the best at what you do – excellence is your top priority in the work you deliver.
- You have the ability to strategize, plan for and ultimately execute design initiatives of various sizes and complexity.
- You have already achieved brilliance in previous roles, characterized by a track record of excellent design leadership skills and innovative design work.
- You value the best answer more than your ego, can remain composed in the heat of the moment, and can critique and vocalize your thoughts while simultaneously building great relationships. Your integrity is non-negotiable.
- You are intensely passionate about DESIGN: You talk about it, read about it, engage with other design leaders and think about it constantly – if you don’t have the fire, you are not right for us.
- You want to develop a personal connection with a brand, and help build it as one of the most recognized brands in the world – working for multiple clients was a great experience but you’re now ready to build a brand, recruit your own team and leave your own mark on this earth.
- You are motivated not just by money – we will build your wealth if you contribute to our journey – but also by the journey and challenge itself.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- Exceptional graphic design skills – able to conceptualize and implement stunning designs across various creative fields – print, digital/web, brand and more
- Strong knowledge of web design, layout design, editorial design, graphic fundamentals, typography & branding; must understand and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to solutions
- Fluent across the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other key Adobe design tools
- Strong portfolio demonstrating concepts and execution across print, web/digital, etc.
Compensation will be commensurate with the abilities the individual brings to the table, but shall include a competitive base salary, stock options, an unlimited and flexible vacation policy, a comprehensive benefits program (health insurance, corporate gym memberships, perks, 401k etc.), and a robust performance-based incentive pay program.