Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem, where the world’s investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf of pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for multi-asset class portfolios. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you —
- You are looking to join a fast-paced team that will mentor and support you as you take on challenging projects.
- You understand that deadlines and goals – even if self-imposed – are what help businesses succeed.
- You appreciate direct, unvarnished feedback – you know it will help you grow.
What You’ll Do
You will report directly to our Sr. SQL Developer and be based in Austin or NYC.
The Data Engineering team at Novus is a fast-paced and growing group of individuals who provide data and analytical support to the entire Novus client base. Developers will work with vast amount of securities data from many sources, and portfolio data from prominent hedge funds, fund of hedge funds and some of the most sophisticated institutional investors.
Responsibilities around client data integration include:
- Applying industry best practices for database development
- Enhancing ETL projects and workflows
- Maintaining and performance tuning database code
- Coordinating development efforts with our international team
Critical Skills / Abilities
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline from top university or college (double major or minor in Economics or Finance is a plus!)
- Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server version 2008 R2 or higher
- Working experience in building ad-hoc T-SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions
- Working experience with ETL
- Experience with scripting language, such as Python or Perl (knowledge in C# is a plus)
- Knowledge on definitions and parameters of financial instruments, e.g. equities, fixed incomes, options, futures, swaps, forwards, etc.
- Interest in investments and/or the fund of funds and hedge fund industry