Novus is a rapidly growing portfolio intelligence platform that enables investors to consistently maximize their performance potential.
We now want to find an individual who will help drive our growth and increase our reach across the world’s most sophisticated investment community.
Novus is the largest portfolio intelligence FinTech in the world, serving about 200 institutional clients managing roughly $4T in Assets under Management (AUM). By creating a digital experience around their portfolios, and overlay unique analytics, our clients use the ‘big data’ intelligence embedded in their portfolios to make better investment decisions.
Through Novus, our allocator clients answer fundamental questions around their exposure, attribution, and risk, up- and down the portfolio, left and right in time, in a few seconds. Through Novus, our manager clients assess their investment skill set, using such insights to enhance and sustain returns. Through Novus, both allocators and managers exchange transparency which facilitates capital / investment sourcing, analysis and monitoring.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Sales Specialist to help expand our Novus Platform offering. As a Novus Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for managing our incoming leads, seeking new business opportunities, maximizing revenue growth for Novus, and developing a strong relationship network. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be based in either NYC or Austin.
To be successful, you will need to have a solid understanding of investments, portfolios, risk, asset allocations and the challenges faced by those operating in the institutional investor community, which will enable you to speak their language, and have deep discussions with senior decision makers.
A strong, personal network built over the years within the allocator community is a must. Familiarity with the players in the active asset managers also. Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate these key qualifications:
- At least 4+ years successful track record of generating significant new business revenue; selling to a target is a must. Experience selling technology, raising funds, or promoting investment strategies to the institutional investor, hedge fund, and/or asset management communities preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to quickly adapt and learn a new market, a passion for technology, a deep motivation to drive the institutional investor community into the new digital millennium via the cutting-edge technology provided by Novus
- A hunter mentality with a methodic, disciplined, and insightful sales approach without ever being “pushy” or resorting to amateur selling techniques
- Rapid networking and relationship development skills amongst some of the most senior, respected, and public ally recognizable names in the investment industry
- Experience in structuring, driving, negotiating, and closing sophisticated sales to solve complex problems, and executing competitor displacements
- Ability to successfully partner with marketing, customer service, and product management
- Specialized knowledge of risk management, portfolio attribution and other investment analytics, or data analytics is a plus
Our culture is critical to us. It’s how we push ourselves every day to do better than the day before. We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities, understand how each component of our company works to generate success, and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable to the highest standards. As a result, we will enjoy talking to you if:
- You achieved brilliance, a track record of performance in high growth environments
- You value the best answer more than your ego, you remain composed in the heat of the moment, and can critique and vocalize your thoughts while simultaneously building great relationships. Your integrity is non-negotiable
- You are excited about the opportunity to continually improve yourself and your colleagues
- You are always willing to learn, accept coaching, and perfect your craft
- You are out there experimenting and iterating on approaches, in alignment with our values, versus seeking approval for anything move you make
- You are passionate about sales and technology – if you have the fire, you are right for Novus
- You are motivated not just by success – but also by the journey itself. We will build your wealth substantially if you contribute to our journey and help Novus achieve its vision
- You are willing to work in a team – Although we require individual accountability, we are not looking for lone wolves or sharks. We foster a very collaborative sales organization where we put the success of the firm ahead of any individual and we regularly assist each other with referrals, introductions, and deal tactics.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- Process and Tools – Experienced sales process who has followed and studied leading sales methodologies. Comfortable using all the sales tools and systems at their disposal, SalesForce.com, BigDough, LinkedIn, GoToMeeting, HubSpot.
- Polish and Presentation – Demonstrates the personal credibility, confidence, and presentation to work with some of the world’s largest, most distinguished investors and investment managers.
- Communication and Demonstration – Has Superior communication skills and can deliver an effective pitch and technology demonstration to customers while working effectively with colleagues and team members to communicate customer needs, product requirements, and competitive gaps. Possesses the right balance between evangelizing prospects, and active listening to their needs, worries, ambitions, and general willingness to move forward.