NovoEd is seeking a Marketing Contractor to help us bring effective online learning to more organizations.
We’re looking for a clear communicator with a passion for writing. You'll help drive the top of NovoEd’s marketing funnel through great content and inbound marketing techniques. You must be able to deeply understand the audience persona and craft thought leadership pieces for that audience.
We’re looking for a candidate who will embrace the challenges of being part of a rapidly growing startup, who is excited to be part of a close-knit team, and who will be creative and determined in confronting challenges and building solutions.
This is a part-time, freelance contract role that could vary from 5-20 hours per week. We are open to hourly or fixed fee arrangements (eg. fixed price per piece). Candidates must be natively fluent in English and have at least 2 years of professional writing experience in the United States. Experience writing for enterprise buyers in Human Resources (HR) is preferred. We prefer candidates able to come into our San Francisco office once or twice a month to get to know the team, but we are open to fully remote workers.
- Drive demand and generate new leads through NovoEd's inbound marketing efforts.
Create thought leadership pieces, including white papers, ebooks, and case studies.
- Create marketing collateral, including brochures, solution briefs, presentations, and more.
Research buyers and target audiences to craft custom content.
Potential Content Formats
- Blog posts, 500-2,000 words, web-formatted, business casual writing sharing examples, stories, or research. All of the below will also have a blog post summary as well.
- Infographics - 1 page, visual display of simple information; a visual version of a solution brief
Solution Briefs - 1-2 pages, 500-1,500 words, print/PDF formatted, mini-whitepapers focused on a particular use case
- Case Studies - 1-3 pages, 500-2,000 words, print/PDF formatted, focused on work a client has done, could be named or anonymous
White Papers - 2-6 pages, 1,000-5,000 words, print/PDF formatted, more formal with substantive research on one topic
- eBooks - 5+ pages, 3,000+ words, print/PDF formatted, formal with substantive research on a broader set of topicsDrive demand and generate new leads through NovoEd's inbound marketing efforts.
- In short, we are open to any topic that the Harvard Business Review or McKinsey Quarterly would feature related to learning, training, workforce/organizational development, talent management, and performance measurement.
- Disrupting your own culture to drive change.
- Engaging millennials in the workforce
- Improving sales with better sales training online training
- Teaching design thinking at scale
- Driving business transformation with learning
- Retaining top performers through improved training / onboarding
- Learning organization and management in 2017
- Shifting workforce demographics and how to tackle (how to accelerate growth in your L&D team)
- Five biggest mistakes in online learning
- Developing your top talent without sacrificing the rest
- How the insurance industry is XYZ
- Target industry-specific pieces focused on banking, insurance, pharma, and telecom/media
The successful candidate will have:
Strong writing and communications skills
Experience with B2B enterprise marketing writing.
Creativity and design skills to create beautiful content and collateral.
Creativity in developing new partnership and growth opportunities.
Ability to quickly master new technologies, including Google Docs, Hubspot, Sketch, and Camtasia.
- SEO/SEM experience including Moz, Conductor, Rio SEO or other SEO tools
- 2+ years of writing experience in B2B marketing in the United States
- Native English fluency, comfortable with American idioms and writing styles