We are hiring our first Data Engineer.
Your responsibilities will include
- Build data systems and pipelines for data exchange;
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results;
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling;
- Combine raw information from different sources;
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability;
- Develop analytical tools and programs;
- Use large data sets and usage logs to address business issues
- Follow the policies and procedures;
- Apply best security practices in data tools development and deployment;
- Respect and follow the established security controls;
- Report any risk, incident or anomalous situation that could affect the security of Novisto or customer data.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Data Engineer or Database Administrator;
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience and education;
- Experience with cloud data technologies;
- Strong experience with data architecture and modeling;
- Experience with large and complex structured and unstructured datasets;
- Proficient with SQL and Python programming;
- Good knowledge of business intelligence concepts, data warehousing, mini-data repository, visualization;
- Knowledge of microservices development;
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud is an asset;
- Good communication skills in English (French is an asset).
What we offer
- The opportunity to join an early stage, well-financed company
- Opportunity to work remotely at your convenience
- The chance to have an impact by creating a product that is bringing positive change around the world
- Generous health benefits
- Beautiful office, in the heart of Old Montreal steps from the metro.