At Novisto, our vision is to be the world’s leading software solution for integrated corporate sustainability management. Our purpose is to advance a more inclusive and resilient society by enabling organizations to create value through sustainability. You will have the chance to work with incredibly talented and driven people within our engineering and business teams. While our employees are currently working remotely, we are taking thoughtful measures to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for any new employee joining our growing company.
We're currently looking for a Product Leader to join our Product team and oversee Novisto's platform.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Product Leader is responsible for understanding markets and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable items, and working closely with development teams as the primary voice of the customer. You will act as a customer advocate, and using your strong sense of leadership, you will deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies. You will work collaboratively with developers, software quality engineers, business leaders, customer success teams and other product team members and our clients to create the best products in our industry!
- Own and evolve the long-term product roadmap and strategy for our Novisto platform
- Provide cross-functional leadership and internal communication in the project team
- Ensure an excellent communication and collaboration between all internal and external teams
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define requirements in terms of features and user stories and act as the product liaison in daily stand-ups and SCRUM meetings
- Quickly understand priorities and be able to coordinate feature backlogs for all releases of the platform
- Gather business and technical requirements from internal and external clients
- Groom the backlog in preparation for sprint and release planning post-development start through QA
- Refine customer requirements in terms of features, user stories and acceptance criteria to prepare for future sprints
- Demonstrate the sprint releases to customers
- Integrate customer feedback from post-sprint testing into the Product Backlog while ensuring scope creep is handled via scope swap or change request
- Lead the product development life cycle
- Collaborate with the product design team (UX, visual design) on new features and overall product usability
- Act as the market messenger and provide business context to the development team
- Secure approval of stories and acceptance criteria prior to the start of the sprint
- Working closely with the development teams and solution architect guiding the evolution of the product
- Keep a watchful eye on your product's performance, ensuring performance and reliability meets integration partner needs and issues are solved quickly.
A successful candidate should have:
- 8+ years experience as product owner or similar role within product management
- 5+ years in the Enterprise Data Management Software industry
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Previous experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience with full product life cycle from initial inception through delivery and end of life
- Proven track record of managing products as Software as a Service (SaaS) in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent oral and written English skills along with strong teamwork skills;
- An analytical mind, great attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- College or university degree in computer science or engineering is an asset
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join an early stage, well-financed company
- The chance to have an impact by creating a product that is bringing positive change around the world
- Generous health benefits
- Beautiful office, in the heart of Old Montreal