Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $20K. Learn more here >
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Software Engineer (DevOps) to be a part of a project focused on developing/maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, and real-time systems) based upon documented requirement.
- Analyze, design, code and test multiple components of application code across one or more clients
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Perform maintenance, enhancements and/or development work
- Diagnose Kubernetes issues, CI/CD issues, application issues, assist customers with their deployment troubleshooting
- Update sections of software, as well as manage changes to other parts of the program
- Work across contracts to assist both front-end and back-end development
- Scripting such as Java, Python, and Perl
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Here's what you need:
- Seven (7) years of experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required, in lieu of degree four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Bonus points if you have:
- Development experience with Kubernetes (Rancher), Terraform, Ansible, AWS, Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira) and Helm Chart strongly desired
- System administration experience with Linux preferred
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required to start
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $139,000 - $198,800
Colorado: $131,000 - $171,700
New York City: $148,600 - $198,800
Washington: $132,100 - $182,800
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.