Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $20K. Learn more here >
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Software Engineer 2 to help implement the configuration management plan as directed by the Configuration Lead and assist in the design of software configuration and customization to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Design and develop high-performance application frameworks and software for high-speed protocol identification and other processing applications using C++, Java and Python in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Define and implement data formatting and interface specifications.
- Participate in all phases of development including requirements definition, software design, software development, source code configuration, managing and deployment support.
- Develop scripts to support coding, unit testing, configuration, remote installations and maintenance needs in Shell (C, Bash).
- Develop and execute unit testing using execute end-to-end software systems tests.
- Coordinate application updates/installation with appropriate security, database and system administrators, and report site POCs.
- Help plan and conduct development, integration, and unit testing; and support end-to-end system testing.
- Monitor production systems to verify operations and modify as needed.
- Develop and maintain project related documentation, to include development of software design diagrams in standard software design notation such as UML, and competing source code documentation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Document, analyze and resole software discrepancies.
- Define and configure development environment.
- Perform installation and maintenance of fielded systems and support backup services to deployed system and data.
- Provide technical support to customers and coordinate with cross organizational stakeholders.
Here's what you need:
- 3+ years of experience working with or developing software in a LINUX environment
- 3+ years of experience with C++ and/or Java programming languages
- Experience in network programming to include socket development and/or IP based applications
- 2+ years of experience developing and performing automated system builds and testing on distributed and multiple platform systems
- Experience with Git or Subversion version control systems
- Experience with Make or Ant build environments
- Experience with NetBeans, Eclipse or other IDEs
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo or other automated build systems
- 1+ years of experience with one or more open source database and related database languages, such as: MySQL, PostgresSQL, or SQLite
- Knowledge of signal protocol processing
- Experience with CSDF and SOTF data formatting
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with Agile development approaches
- Experience in applying robust software configuration management procedures within software development lifecycle
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with JBoss and Wildfly
- Experience with on-line collaboration tools such as: Confluence
- Experience with Red Hat Package Manager modules
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $73,900 - $115,100
Colorado: $73,900 - $99,400
New York City: $85,500 - $115,100
Washington: $78,600 - $105,900
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.