Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $20K. Learn more here >
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a data minded Senior Cloud Systems Engineer who is excited to tackle data challenges related to national security. This person will be motivated to work on data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and extracting valuable analytics from a multitude of data sources.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data infrastructure
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data sources
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and other services
Here's what you need:
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 8+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- 8+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 8+ years of experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours on rare occasions for emergency maintenance.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT development and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Nexus, Jenkins, Gitlab etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in production environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure management and scaling
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Interested in identifying areas of improvement and ways to continually improve the systems
- Interested in containerized workloads and microservices
- Interested in scaling systems on AWS
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience with administration of LDAP
- Active TS Clearance SCI eligibility
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $105,200 - $168,400
Colorado: $105,200 - $145,500
New York City: $121,700 - $168,400
Washington: $112,100 - $154,900
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.