We are seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer who is excited about solving national security related cloud challenges. If data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, kubernetes, and containerized microservices is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data and micro service infrastructure
- Develop configuration as code
- Automate system deployment
- Develop secure cloud infrastructure and kubernetes clusters
- Orchestrate a large EMR data warehouse and multiple kubernetes clusters
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 5+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- 5+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 5+ years of experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Nexus, etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in production environment
- Minimum of at least an Associate-level AWS certification
- Work directly with development team to ensure systems and deployed and monitored well
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Identify areas of improvement and ways to continually improve the systems
- Experience deploying distributed architecture databases (Cassandra, Hbase, etc)
- Experience administering and scaling Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Prometheus, Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Database infrastructure operations (e.g. MySQL, HBase, ElasticSearch)
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access. Must be able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for Novetta.
Please be aware that Novetta requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Novetta will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.