- Provide UX design support to software applications and other designers.
- Responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, and wireframes.
- Interfaces with Product Owners and Developers to design User Experiences that balance user needs with mission/business goals and technological capabilities.
- Organizes and facilitates weekly Intelligence Community (IC) stakeholder and user engagement forums to elicit honest feedback and to define customer behavior.
- Gathers and codifies user requirements as user-centered epics and user stories mapped to user personas.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations, user testing, user interviews, and other methods of gathering feedback.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI designers to develop comprehensive solutions, establish priorities, and deliver intuitive solutions.
- Resolves conflicts and encourages shared understanding amongst various supported customer user groups.
- Redesign & update existing applications to optimize user experiences and modernize design.
- Communicate UX/UI design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal and external teams.
- Work with team on-site as needed.
- Portfolio showcasing exemplary visual UX design skills and product sensibilities.
- 4+ years experience working with current UI/UX best practices, as well as modern design tools:
- 4+ years experience with working in a fast-paced environment.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or related field
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to connect and empathize with clients/end users.
- Prior experience supporting the intelligence community is a plus.
- Ability to operate alone with little to no supervision or constant guidance to include coordinating between users, customers, and developers to make the ideal interface a reality.
- Ability to coordinate multiple product timelines and switching between tasks to manage competing priorities.
- Robust portfolio exhibiting a wide breadth of design disciplines and styles.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for Novetta.
Please be aware that Novetta requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Novetta will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.