Novetta has an exciting opportunity for people interested in Data Science and Machine Learning to join our team in Tampa, FL. This is a paid internship and each participant will be nominated for a full TS/SCI clearance. Therefore, you must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
This is a rare opportunity to start a career in the US Intelligence Community and get paid to learn alongside experts in the field. The Department of Defense is shifting investment into the future of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise to reimagine and revolutionize the intelligence process. This is your opportunity to participate in a paradigmatic shift in National Security.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of solving difficult National Security problems; from problem definition, data exploration to model implementation to the delivery of production quality Data Science solutions. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will impact real-world projects.
Our interns are expected to contribute new and novel ideas and are active members of our team. Ideal candidates will:
- Identify important and interesting questions surrounding our customer's challenges, then translate those questions into concrete analytical, data science, and machine learning tasks.
- Organize and mine data sets of both structured and unstructured data.
- Provide thought-leadership in the areas of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and data science.
- Work with a diverse team of engineers, computer scientists, data scientists, and intelligence analysts.
- Data Science and Machine Learning coursework/degree/experience
- Programming coursework/experience
- Pursuit of an academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, Geography, etc.)
- A keen interest in using novel techniques and state of the art technologies to help solve the most pressing issues in National Security
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, motivation to self-start and work independently
- Familiarity or interest in computer vision, graph machine learning, reinforcement learning, genetic algorithms, or natural language processing
- Interest or experience with open source frameworks for machine learning such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
Must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for Novetta.
Please be aware that Novetta requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Novetta will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.