Novetta is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer with technical expertise, strong business analysis and customer engagement skills in support of multiple cloud-based network ecosystems involving Linux and Microsoft services. This position will design, engineer and deploy cloud infrastructure and services, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow relevant IT project management and engineering life-cycle processes. This position will support solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, hardening, security analysis, and providing O&M and troubleshooting support. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical and business requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly evolving development and deployment environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS or Oracle Linux preferred), Python, AWS and git experience
- 3+ years experience with DevOps (configuration management (Ansible preferred), application deployment, security, etc).
- 3+ years experience with debugging (grepping logs, stack traces, tracking down permissions issues, etc…)
- 3+ Years of experience delivering, securing and managing container based applications.
- 3+ years experience using the Linux Command Line
- 3+ years experience with JIRA, Trello, Basecamp or similar project management tools.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional or equivalent
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty or equivalent
- Experience delivering, securing and managing container based applications.
- Experience working on Agile Software Teams
- Experience in supporting DoD customers in a technical environment.
- Experience with commercial or government cloud solutions (AWS, Azure etc)
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work onsite in Tampa, FL or Fayetteville, NC
- Must have a TS clearance; TS/SCI preferred
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The health and safety of our employees is a priority for Novetta.
Please be aware that Novetta requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Novetta will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.