We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer, located in the Columbia, Maryland area, to be responsible for maintaining a system test and production environment for a customer within the DoD. This position includes leading a small team of specialists to maintain an approved system baseline configuration through the production of several configuration items (CIs). The position also provides direct support to the end-users of the baseline mission essential systems deployed in an operational environment.
- Be proficient in supporting a Microsoft systems baseline and Cisco network baseline configuration.
- Properly handle, configure and test hardware and software material in preparation of building additional CIs.
- Monitor and test network and system performance for potential bottlenecks.
- Solve complex IT topics related to the project hardware and software design and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions.
- Teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- Work well within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead by the project’s prime contractor.
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or field support engineer supporting Cisco network and Microsoft systems in stand-alone or distributed test and deployment environment.
- 5+ years experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- 5+ years experience deploying and maintaining SQL databases.
- 5+ years working with and understanding security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- 3+ years experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- 3+ years experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (e.g., Acronis or drive duplicator).
- 3+ years experience with data management and disaster recovery processes.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Interact and collaborate with the Network Architect and Project Manager on a daily basis to meet production schedule.
- Collect customer requirements and plan weekly tasks for the team.
- Ability to lead a small engineering support team to provide daily direction and guidance.
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- BS in Computer Science or military experience in the field of IT, sensors, RADAR, or ISR.
- Security+/CCNA certification.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Secret security clearance required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.