Novetta is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer with strong Linux and Microsoft service expertise (Azure experience is essential) in support of a dynamic and engaging mission.
This position will design, engineer and deploy cloud infrastructure and services, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow relevant IT project management and engineering life-cycle processes. This position will support solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, hardening, security analysis, and providing O&M and troubleshooting support.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Ability to work in a Windows and Cloud environment
- Python, commercial or on-prem cloud, and git experience
- Experience with DevOps (configuration management (Ansible preferred), application deployment, security)
- Familiarity with standard design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Solid development practices, with emphasis on code quality
- Strong debugging skills (grepping logs, stack traces, tracking down permissions issues, etc…)
- Experience delivering, securing and managing container based applications
- Experience in supporting DoD customers in a technical environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Basecamp or similar project management tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Some experience using the Linux Command Line
- Familiarity with cloud principals
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Technical or cybersecurity certification
- Knowledge of DoD security and accreditation standards and practices
- Experience with commercial or government cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat, CentOS or Oracle)
- Active Secret, with willingness to upgrade to TS/SCI
- TS/SCI preferred
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.