As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise. He/she will be directly responsible for:
- Identifying, defining, analyzing, and coordinating customer needs and constraints and translating them into technical requirements and custom application designs
- Supporting the creation, maintenance, documentation, and planning of custom enterprise solutions operating in virtual environments for multiple DoD networks
- Designing an enterprise level, multi-user, big data aggregation, analysis, and reporting system
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing system and programmatic documentation. Documentation will cover full system lifecycle as described by the DoD JCIDS process such as: Requirements Specifications, System Engineering Plans, Capabilities Documents, Interface Control Documents
- Conducting analysis and review of existing GOTS/COTS software and providing recommendations as needed
- Coordinating with both development and sustainment teams for custom enterprise solutions
- Attending meetings, demoing custom software, capture requirements, and serve as a technical representative for all supported systems as needed
- Providing direct technical guidance and client support; and other tasks as needed/as directed
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment and has a “can do” attitude. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis, abstract reasoning, software engineering, and technical documentation. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the DoD Application Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), etc. and have a demonstrated proficiency with supporting the planning, development, and maintenance of high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- 5+ Years Development Experience Leveraging Open Source Technologies
- 5+ Years in Requirements Gathering, Analysis, and System Design
- 5+ Years’ experience working with a DoD software development program
- 5+ Years’ experience with the DoD JCIDS process
- 5+ Years’ experience DoD System Engineering Experience
- 3+ years' experience with system modeling and documentation methodologies
- 3+ years' experience with the generation and maintenance of DoDAF documentation
- 3+ years of experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- 1+ year of experience with multithreading and real-time software architectures
- 3+ years' experience with architectural designs for team consumption
- 3 years' experience with RESTful Web Services
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Systems Engineering Related Certifications
- 7+ Years Development Experience Leveraging Open Source Technologies
- 7+ Years in Requirements Gathering, Analysis, and System Design
- 7+ Years’ experience working with a DoD software development program
- 7+ Years’ experience with the DoD JCIDS process
- 7+ Years’ experience DoD System Engineering Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Agile process and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with API design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with Microservices architecture and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with Multi-tenant application architecture and implementation
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and support to Government Clouds (MilCloud, C2S, etc.)
- Strong grasp of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- Experience writing elegant, readable, maintainable code
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high quality software, to constantly strive for improvement, and take ownership in the product
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills to include regularly and proactively collaborating with teammates
- Understanding of DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active TS/SCI in JPAS
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.