We are seeking an expert-level Cyber Security Analyst to help keep our networks secure. You will be part of a (quickly growing) 5 man cyber-security team, so be prepared to learn something new every day, and chip in anywhere you’re needed. You will have the opportunity to expand your skills too many areas of cyber security.
As Novetta’s Senior Security Analyst, you will be a subject matter expert on the frontlines, performing and improving security analysis, incident response, and forensics across the enterprise network. You will use your experience and expertise to create and investigate alerts within the SIEM, paving the way for and eventually training future analysts and incident responders.
This position requires someone with expert-level security analyst experience, including knowledge of APT threat hunting techniques, and will focus heavily on pro-actively finding and investigating active threats within the network. The senior security analyst SME will also create and document repeatable incident response processes for both internal and cyber protection team use.
In this position, creativity and out of the box thinking are rewarded…you will have the opportunity to really make a difference. The position can be 100% remote, or on-site. We have casual dress requirements, flexible hours, and foster a startup-type environment.
- BA/BS/MS degree in Information Technology or equivalent IT experience.
- 6+ years professional Cybersecurity technical experience.
- 3+ years Security Operations Center analyst experience.
- Proficiency with SIEM platforms as an analyst and administrator
- Proficiency in cyber threat monitoring, triaging, and investigating
- Experience in SIEM data analytics and correlation rule creation
- Experience in CIRT playbook development
- Proficiency in Wireshark, TCPDUMP, and PCAP analysis
- Troubleshooting and critical-thinking abilities
- Experience with Autopsy, EnCase, CAINE, or similar forensics tools
- Knowledge of exploits, vulnerabilities, and cyber attacks
- Knowledge of forensic and threat hunting within Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors
- Knowledge of adversary Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledge of Windows & Unix based operating systems and administrative tools, windows disk and memory forensic, Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics and Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Knowledge of NIST-171
- Troubleshooting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with various intrusion detection devices and sensors such as Snort, Suricata and Zeek
- Experience writing custom detection signatures
- Experience determining and proactively monitoring for IOCs
- Experience with host-level log collection and forwarding tools such as WEF, Beats, Sysmon, and Microsoft ATA
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, and other scripting languages
- Experience with Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Antivirus Systems, Proxy, SIEM, and Mail Gateways
- Knowledge in Cloud Technologies - AWS\Azure\Google\VMware
- Knowledge of how Group Policy and DISA STIGs operate
- Cybersecurity Certifications - SEC+, CEH, CSTA, CISSP, OSCP, MSE, WGCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GNFA, GREM, etc.
- Must be eligible to obtain a U.S government security clearance.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.