As a member of a software development team responsible for delivering and supporting high visibility, high performing and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the Enterprise, you will be directly responsible for :
- Identifying, defining, analyzing, and coordinating customer needs and constraints and translating them into technical requirements
- Supporting and maintaining production systems operating in virtual environments for multiple DoD networks
- Providing all systems administration, installation, automation, maintenance, backup, and restoration for a completely virtualized architecture
- Developing strategies for system scale, security, monitoring, backup and recovery
- Developing and enhancing processes, technical documentation, test plans, and reports
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of applications and solutions built primarily using open source technologies; to include: systems level integration, verification, validation, testing, demonstration, functional and performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Providing direct technical guidance and client support; and other tasks as needed/as directed
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment and has a “can do” attitude. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with supporting high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- 5+ years Systems Administration experience in a production environment (Linux)
- Experience with Systems Administration of Open Source application servers and technologies: Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Experience with VMWare, VSphere, VCenter
- Understanding of DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Experience writing, modifying, automating, and executing scripts (Python, Shell, Batch, etc.)
- Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Systems Administration and/or Systems Security Related Certifications
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Configuration management experience with Puppet
- Experience with deployment and support to Government Clouds (MilCloud, C2S, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Maven, Subversion, Jenkins)
- Active TS/SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.