We are seeking an experienced Team Lead with technical expertise and strong customer engagement skills to drive operational efficiency and platform performance for an AWS cloud-based network Platform as a Service (PaaS) ecosystem involving Linux and Microsoft services. The Platform Operations team deploys and configures infrastructure-as-code virtual private clouds and machine images. This team also works with privileged tenant customers to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve cloud integration issues and other high-level technical issues within the platform environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical and business requirements meetings/conversations and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly scaling PaaS environment supporting important customer missions.
- Ensure the platform is sustained and updated in a reliable, secure and highly available manner
- Design and implement process improvement within the Platform Operations team to create ongoing efficiencies in a quickly scaling program
- Direct a team of Cloud Operators supporting privileged users/administrators of customer workloads within a production PaaS environment
- Work closely with DevOps Engineers, Developers, and Architects to identify and relay recommended configuration changes and emerging customer requirements
- Act as team lead for a cross-functional team building next-generation cloud solutions supporting a growing community of 4000+ users
- Lead operations efforts within a high-performing team that utilizes Agile software development lifecycle and a DevSecOps framework
- 5+ years of experience in an operations or service desk environment - including 3+ years in a lead role
- 3+ years of experience working with both Linux and Windows
- Working knowledge or familiarity with Linux commands and concepts
- 2+ years of experience with cloud (private or public) environments - AWS cloud experience a plus
- Experience working in virtualized environments
- Understanding of cloud security concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Ability to interface with seasoned government personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- AWS Professional Level Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps, or DevOps)
- ITIL certification
- Experience working in a DevSecOps project environment
- Experience leading operations in support of a cloud platform
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.) and scaling
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed
- Desire to learn new technologies/tools and share your experience with the team
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.