As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise.
- Ability to collect large volumes of data for processing
- Working directly with the customer on vast amounts of disparate data
- Create strategies for analyzing data feeds
- Design and develop data ingestion techniques within Apache NiFi and ELK
- Work with the development team to prototype application ETL processes
- Ability to learn and perform exceptional work within new data platforms
- Developing data scripting and clustering techniques
- Assist the DBA with data analysis and solutions
- Providing guidance and consulting pertaining to data related issues
- Ability to multitask on various client requests
- Attend data-oriented meetings as needed/as directed
- The ideal candidate will be a data driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with developing high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- Strong grasp of data ingestion techniques
- Demonstrated Proficiency in ETL, Design, Debugging, Scripting, Analysis, and Problem Solving
- Experience producing quality work for team consumption
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with data manipulation and analysis
- Experience writing elegant, readable, maintainable code
- Prior experience in any of the techniques:
- Data mining
- Machine Learning
- Data Discovery
- Data Analysis
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high quality work, to constantly strive for improvement, and take ownership in the product
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills to include regularly and proactively collaborating with teammates
- Ability to excel in an agile environment
- Interaction directly with data owner and customer
- Familiarity with NLP and AI
- ETL expertise
- Ability to answer big data questions
- Eclectic automation background
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.