We are seeking a data minded software engineer who is excited about solving national security related data problems. If data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and extracting analytics from a multitude of data sources is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data infrastructure
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data sources
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and other services
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 3+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- 3+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 3+ years of experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours on rare occasions for emergency maintenance.
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT development and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Nexus, Jenkins, Gitlab etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Test changes in development environment before application in production environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure management and scaling
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Interested in identifying areas of improvement and ways to continually improve the systems
- Interested in containerized workloads and microservices
- Interested in scaling systems on AWS
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience with administration of LDAP
- TS Clearance with eligibility for SCI access
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.