Novetta is seeking a Mid to Senior level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) who’s self-motivated, critical thinking and has the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision. Assist with Development and oversight of operational Information Systems (IS) security implementation policy and guidelines while providing technical and procedural IS security suggestions to the Infrastructure Team and Information Assurance (IA) Team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and provide support for all Cyber Security Engineering requirements and templates
- Apply Cyber Security engineering and network engineering expertise to maintain information system security
- Conduct and participate in activities for vulnerability management and remediation
- Install and support network security appliances and vendors (IDS/IPS, Web Gateways, Firewalls, email
- This candidate will assist with providing implementation for the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
and the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
compliance, and Risk Management Framework (RMF) for systems that utilize hybrid cloud solutions to accomplish the
task(s) defined by our client.
- Additionally, this candidate will be primarily responsible for the identification and integration of DoD approved
security tools and appliances. Establish processes used to institute a development (Dev) security (Sec), and
operations (Ops) environment as we develop a continuous integration – continuous delivery CI/CD pipeline to reduce
our time to production and increase our deployment frequency as we integrate with other systems.
- 5+ years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or CNO software development or security research
- Bachelors’ degree with 5 years’ experience or 10 years’ work experience equivalent
- 5+ years network experience (including 1+ years of cloud experience) in large-scale global environment
- Ability to communicate security solutions with development/engineering team
- Experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, using auditing tools, and secure data transfer between information systems.
- AWS Fundamentals
- Experience with reviewing system and audit logs
- Experience using databases or spreadsheets to develop/maintain Plans of Action & Milestone (POA&Ms)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Active DOD 8570 Information Assurance (IAM) Level I, (IAT) level II Certification or Higher
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the NIST Risk Management Framework Processes.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in SAP and Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security
- Nessus, Tenable or Retina scanning experience
- Experience securing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and other cloud technologies
- Experience with network monitoring technologies: Network-based Intrusion Detection and PreventionSystems
- Basic experience with firewalls
- Experience with NIST security control implementation on premise-based systems and cloud-based systems
- Self-starter ability to switch directions and multi-task
- Understanding of how RMF and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) are incorporated in an Agile Development Environment
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI with polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.