DevOps Engineer to support the redesign and development of a critical compliance system. Installs, tests, and validates operational hardware and software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance and safety codes, including rack installation, labeling and running cables, quality assurance, loading operating systems or applications ; Maintains a broad knowledge of the system.
- This position allows for remote work up to 50%, mission dependent
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Cloud Experience: Shall have three (3) years demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.;
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.;
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS);
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON
- Applications: Elasticsearch with Machine Learning, Gitlab (eVo and Cyber Forge soon, 3 Gitlabs in "Production"), Mattermost, Custom Authentication code, NGINX, Prometheus, Graphana, Kibana, pwick, TerraForm, Ansible and Docker
- Architecture: Multiple Auto Scale groups, S3 curation, Snapshots across VPC, RDS, Elasticache, Network Load Balancers, Custom AMI, or AW
- Working knowledge of Rancher and Keycloak, as well as experience in methodical approach to problem solving and automation
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.