Design and develop high performance application frameworks and software for high speed protocol identification and processing applications using C++, Java, Python, Ruby and Perl in LINUX/UNIX environment. Define and implement data formatting and interface specifications. Participate in and/or lead all phases of development including requirements definition, software design, development, source code configuration, managing and tracking source code changes, defining and managing software system configurations and deployment support. Develop scripts to support coding, unit testing, configuration, remote installation and maintenance needs in Perl, Shell scripts (C, Bash, Bourne). Develop and execute unit testing using CppUnit and Junit, develop automated build and software test scripts and applications. Define and execute end-to-end software system tests. Coordinate application updates/installation with appropriate security, database and system administrators and remote site POCs. Plan and conduct development, integration and unit testing; support end-to-end system testing. Monitor production system to verify operations and modify as needed following change management procedures. Develop and maintain project related documentation to include development of software design diagrams in standard design notation such as UML, and complete software documentation using Doxygen and Javadoc. Participate in and/or lead design and code reviews. Document, analyze and resolve software discrepancies. Define and configure development environment. Perform installation and maintenance of fielded systems and support backup services to deployed systems and data. Provide technical support to customers and coordinate with cross organizational stakeholders.
- Experience in network programming, to include socket development and/or IP based applications
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- 5+ Experience with Java, including Java GUI development
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages including Perl and Shell (C, Bourne, Kourne and/or Bash)
- 3+ years of experience in using Subversion for source code control
- 3+ years of experience developing and performing automated system builds and testing on distributed and multiple platforms systems
- Experience with Java Server Pages, ANT, NetBeans, Eclipse
- Experience with Red Hat Package Manager modules
- 1+ years of experience with one or more open source databases and/or related database languages, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite
- Knowledge of or experience with signal protocol processing
- Experience with modern SIGINT data formats
- Experience with Valgrind open source run-time test tool or similar tool
- Experience with Agile development approaches
- Experience in applying robust software configuration management procedures within software development lifecycle
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.