To provide networking, fabrication, security, lab and deployment support. Primary responsibilities include engineering support for network configurations, deployment (loading of software), patching and troubleshooting deployed software and hardware on a variety of servers. Position requires resolution of connectivity issues between lab, live/dev and production system, system-to-system (application/interface), end-to-end thread, network switch installs/configurations and rack/stack/install of various servers and switch components. Specific knowledge and ability to trace and resolve issues with associated hosts, hosting platforms, mission software, security and documenting identified resolutions are key functions of this position. Additional responsibilities include:
- Write/run scripts to support installation, configuration and maintenance of deployed servers
- Diagram planning to include rack/elevations
- Write test plans/procedures
- Run patch installs
- Support STN/STE requirements
- Review System Security Plans
- Kick and deploy server applications
- Configure applications to use the messaging infrastructure
- Run messaging verification tests
- Maintain system updates with the current deployment information
- Support/monitor metrics pages to isolate issues
- Support monitoring of beacons for daily system troubleshooting
- Skills to support and sustain current and future lab and live/dev and operational systems; ability to install, kick, apply security patches and provide software loading on deployed hardware
- Ability to build (rack and stack), lab and live/dev systems
- Administrator skills for hardware/software, firmware, front-end and remote systems
- Experience with server hardening review/scripts to support deployment
- Experience with ssh, bash, Linux (e.g. CentOS)
- Experience with network hardware, administration and configuration, routing requirements, mission hosting, IP spreadsheets and allocation
- Experience with domain name service, Network Time Protocols, enterprise messaging, and file forwarding service
- Experience with remote administration tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience with Virtualization (e.g. VMWare)
- Experience with Container methods (e.g. Docker)
- Kernel based encryption methods (e.g. LUKS)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.