The Cybersecurity Systems Engineer will assist the Cyber Security Team to generate technical documentation and conduct continuous monitoring of systems, as well as perform application of security controls and conduct research of threats detected. This Engineer will provide interface between cyber security team, the GCS engineering team, and software development team, taking specific consideration of operating system and application mitigations and security requirements.
- Act as an information security advisor to multiple contractor and government Program Managers
- Build and maintain strong, trusted relationships with government accrediting authorities
- Act as a liaison between the government client, the contractor and the DAA on all matters relating to information security
- Analyze information systems and software to assess their security posture and vulnerabilities. Suggest mitigation or remediation strategies
- Track updates to DoD cybersecurity regulations and the security technical implementation guide
- Assist engineering with configuration management as it relates to system and software cybersecurity
- Advise and assist engineering and development resources on secure coding and engineering practices
- Prepare & update certification packages for NIST, DCID, and RMF frameworks, as required
- Assist in the sustainment of secure, classified systems and software that are field-deployed.
- 3+ years of experience with some or all the directives and requirements outlined in the DCID 6/3, JAFAN 6/3, ICD 503, NIST, and CNSS policies that govern the deployment of secure information systems.
- 3+ years of experience in developing and authoring system documentation (System Security Plans, Security Requirements Traceability Matrices, Security Test and evaluation Plans, etc.) that supports the Certification and Accreditation process.
- 2+ years of experience with system auditing and vulnerability scanning.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing accreditation requirements and guidelines (e.g., STIGs) and translating those into requirements for inclusion into system and software baselines.
- BS in an engineering field or equivalent
- Understanding of government/defense processes, structures and methods.
- Served previously in an ISSM or ISSO role; CISSP or similar certification; experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems; experience in requirements analysis.
- Experience with scanning tools, specifically NESSUS and Fortify.
- Systems engineering experience, specifically with military tactical solutions supporting ISR and/or C2 solutions.
- Secret clearance required to start; can hold up to a TS
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.