Novetta is seeking a Systems Engineer that is excited about solving complex design and development challenges for a fully automated security operations center supporting a unique virtualized infrastructure platform. As a project under the Emerging Technologies division, Mission Platform Automation group, the security operations center fully embraces infrastructure as code while shifting to provide continued development and improvement through a CI/CD pipeline. This role would continue to push the boundaries of innovation, shape this cutting-edge technology currently employed by our DoD customer, and provide continued support to National Security interests.
- Design, engineer, innovate, and maintain networks, hardware, and software that will enable the security operations center system to perform mission functions.
- Mentor other developers on networking best practices and advise project leaders on advanced networking practices with both commercial and DoD enclaves.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks while embracing the collaborative team environment of DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Information Security Analysts, and Project Managers in an SAFe (Agile) development environment.
- Sec+, Net+, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 certification.
- 5+ years of networking experience as a Systems Engineer or similar role. May include bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent discipline and 1+ year(s) of professional experience, or associates degree in IT, computer science, or equivalent discipline and 3+ years of professional experience.
- Advanced networking experience with comprehensive understanding of networking protocols.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible and Puppet. Capability of working independently with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated skill and experience with automation tools, such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Networking experience with classified DoD enclaves.
- Experience in Agile development process.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare ESXi or other hypervisors.
- TS/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.