Novetta is seeking full stack Software Engineers (Java or Python) with great object oriented experience and strong understanding of meeting customer expectations. We are responsible for building the next generation global Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a critical mission responsibility for our national security. The candidate will work with the engineering lead using cutting edge software technologies ensuring successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables. We are seeking software engineers who are passionate about their work and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- May recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software
- Helps convert business requirements into project task specifications and develops integrated software applications that achieve acceptance criteria
- Computer Science fundamentals to include algorithms, systems theory, data structures, and object oriented principles
- Demonstrated experience with at least one currently popular object oriented software programming language such as Java, Python, C++, Go or Ruby
- Software Project Estimation and Module Decomposition
- Source control, build processes, testing, and release management
- Database Development with relational database, including basic table design, migrations, and index performance
- Development of RESTful or GraphQL API services
- SCRUM/Agile (g., Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence)
- Requirements Analysis/Validation (g., Writing Unit Tests, User Interface Tests, etc.)
- Experience with GraphQL a big plus
- Experience with microservice and event-driven architectures a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch, graph databases (e.g., Neo4j, AWS Neptune, etc.)
- Experience developing application stacks atop polyglot persistent data layers a bonus
- Experience with building secure web APIs utilizing authentication/authorization, tokens (JWT, OAuth, SSO), session management
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Experience with DoDAF (g., Operational Views, System Views, etc.)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, GitLab, or AWS CodePipeline code build management and CI/CD software factory tools
- Familiarity with Docker a plus
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (g., EC2, CloudWatch, Management Console, VPC, etc.)
- AWS Certifications (g., DevOps, Solutions Architect, Developer)
- Willingness and ability to attain Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.