Novetta is seeking a talented Data Programmer/Analyst to join our CloudTracker product team. The ideal candidate will have experience using programming languages like Python to manipulate, query, and analyze large, highly structured datasets using a variety of techniques and technologies. You will be become a subject matter expert, identifying online and off-line methods and models for working with specific datasets. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, construction, execution, and optimization of these methods/models.
In this role, you'll work alongside other smart, highly-motivated people building a modern, cloud-native web application on AWS and Azure. We use Agile Scrum, and release working software at the end of each two-week sprint using CI/CD with Jenkins. We follow engineering best practices to design / mock, spec, build, test, and publish quality capabilities.
- Work with the business analyst and other team members to understand project objectives; analyzes and proposes related work objectives/tasks
- Assist with the design, implementation, and integration of software applications with database engines, data structures and functions.
- Decompose work into executable tasks that are achievable within a two week sprint
- Design, develop, and optimize data processing, query and analysis workloads over large datasets (on-line/off-line techniques, caching, machine learning, etc)
- Devise techniques for optimizing large datasets for near-real-time access by end-users
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with data models, queries and performance
- Apply industry standards and engineering best practices that are appropriate for building/delivering production-grade software
- Ensure efficient delivery of engineering capabilities using repeatable processes.
- Identify and mitigate risks that are associated with overall system performance, and delivery of production-grade systems
- Conduct thorough testing using representative datasets to accurately profile query performance for evaluation/optimization
- Review database performance against design requirements and documents results.
- Propose and apply appropriate tools that assist with monitoring/optimizing, and identifying/resolving database related problems
- Ensure quality control over all related work products.
- Experience with and understanding of:
- Writing scripts/applications using the Python programming language (syntax, structure, modules, frameworks, unit testing, etc)
- Python libraries such as sklearn, matplotlib, and numpy
- Statistical approaches to analyzing structured data
- Designing, building and testing various machine learning models and feature selection working with large datasets
- Basic familiarity with:
- Analyzing business requirements and devising work objectives/tasks
- Task decomposition and estimation
- SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
- Git/Github source control
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrates good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams, and possesses good communication skills
Other Desired Skills/Experience
- Experience programming in Java
- Prior experience with AWS and/or Azure
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
Security Clearance: Eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.