We are searching for a talented Quality Assurance Test Engineer to join our CloudTracker
(https://www.novetta.com/products/cloudtracker/) product team. The successful candidate will have
significant experience in designing and automating functional / behavioral regression tests using Selenium,
Cucumber, Gherkin and Java. As a valued member of the team, you will be responsible for all aspects of
database design, implementation, query construction/execution, and monitoring/optimization.
If you’re looking for a highly visible role in a great company, working with other super smart people, and
want to help build a modern, cloud-native web application on AWS and Azure, then we want to speak with
you! We use Agile Scrum, and release working software at the end of each two week sprint using CI/CD
with Jenkins. We follow sound engineering best practices to design / mock, spec, build, test, and publish
capabilities our users want and need. If this sounds interesting to you, please read the minimum
requirements and apply!
- Works with the business analyst and other team members to understand project objectives; analyzes and proposes related work objectives/tasks
- Evaluating end-user requirements, use cases and success criteria to design test cases that address both success and failure pathways
- Decomposes work into executable tasks that are achievable within a two week sprint
- Designs, codes and implements new automation tests using Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin and Java.
- Conducts thorough application testing and ensures that testing reflects real-world scenarios using representative datasets to accurately profile application performance
- Identifies areas where application performance fails to meet desired response times for given pages/components/queries
- Maintains and updates existing automation tests as the application matures
- Recommends and implements new test strategies/approaches to improve software quality and user experience
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues with testing tools
- Applies industry standards and engineering best practices that are appropriate for building/delivering production-grade software
- Ensures efficient delivery of test capabilities using repeatable processes
- Significant experience and deep understanding of:
- Designing test cases based on end-user requirements, use cases and success criteria
- Test automation tools such as selenium, cucumber, gherkin, serenity
- Writing automation tests using gherkin and java
- Communicating test results to software developers
- Basic familiarity with:
- Analyzing business requirements and devising work objectives/tasks
- Task decomposition and estimation
- SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
- Git/Github source control
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrates good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams, and possesses good communication skills
- Other Bonus Skills/Experience
- Test tool certifications
- Prior experience with AWS and/or Azure
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
Security Clearance: Eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.