We are seeking a Java and groovy software engineer who is excited about solving national security-related software problems. An ideal candidate is excited to work on microservices, cloud infrastructure, and database design.
- Work on Java and Groovy-based systems
- Manage data in RDBMS systems
- Use Amazon Web Services to build scalable infrastructure
- 4 or more years of experience software/system development
- 2 or more years of experience working with web/service frameworks
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Java Spring
- Oracle or Postgres RDBMS
- Must currently possess an active US government Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame. Must be willing and able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination
- Interest In:
- Designing and utilizing databases
- Scaling systems on AW
- Building rich data driven web applications
- Microservices communication in GRPC
- Experience with:
- Working on a cross functional team
- Java Spring Boot. Groovy, and Grails ecosystems
- DevOps best practices (continuous integration, infrastructure as code, automated deployment)
- Comfortable with:
- Interaction with analysts to help drive requirements
- Agile development
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.