Novetta is seeking an Application Support Engineer to be a member of a fast-paced software development team. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the testing, documentation needs and technical support of a high visible, high performing, and scalable application solution addressing the needs of the DoD.
- Write and execute test procedures to validate new and existing functionality, ensuring deliveries maintain expected level of quality
- Document defects according to established standards
- Support users by researching, evaluating and documenting potential issues found in production environment
- Work closely with cross-functional team through all stages of the software development life cycle
- Create documentation needed for software development system
- Developing documentation plans and schedules for system and software development
- Communicating with the technical staff to capture application processes and procedures
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) support
- Others as needed/as directed.
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be a problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should be able to assist in translating observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate should be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have demonstrated the ability at testing high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- BA. or B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with software quality assurance processes and tools, documentation planning and delivery, and technical support
- Experience with web-based application testing
- Strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, focus on quality, and the ability to work independently
- Experience with defect tracking and test case management software
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with software applications in production environments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical staff orally and in written form
- Prior experience with drafting technical documentation
- Proofing and editing technical documentation for system accreditation
- Proofing and editing technical software and systems documentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Agile processes and methodologies
- Prior experience working with a software technical team
- End-User software testing for application understanding
- Prior skill with automated testing tools
- Specialized knowledge with information technology or software engineering
- Desire to assist in other aspects of team development supporting the customer
- Experience supporting United States Air Force (USAF) or Department of Defense customer
- Current Active TS/SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.