- Implement and maintain containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Support various teams with enterprise deployments of Elasticsearch and provide troubleshooting support as needed for Elastic deployments at the systems or software level.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Elastic environments, both cloud (AWS) and on-premise instances. Facilitate integration with customer data sources and applications.
- Implementing and troubleshoot automation tasks using Ansible.
- Configure network, database, and high availability services
- Design and develop OS system configurations for software packages
- Monitor and troubleshoot Linux-based servers and services
- Research issues that do not have a recognized solution and prepare a resolution process
- Research and deploy new Linux and open-source technologies/systems.
- Write and maintain automation scripts in Python and Shell
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of configuration management solutions.
- Design and develop tools for infrastructure monitoring and reporting
- Create and maintain documentation
- Perform hardening steps and maintain the security posture of the servers
- Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Engineer/Administrator
- 2+ years of systems engineering/administration experience with Elastic Stack clusters in elastic scaling cloud environments or on-premise implementations
- Demonstrated experience with Linux Directory Services
- Experience with Elastic Stack cluster architecture, design, and deployment.
- 2+ years of experience using an automation/orchestration solution such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- 8570-compliant IAT-II or IAT-III security certification (Security+/CISSP)
- Expert-level experience with Red Hat Linux administration
- Experience with shell scripting
- Demonstrated experience with Puppet / Ansible
- Strong team player and willing to work collaboratively on solutions
- Cloud Architect Certifications, Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- 5+ years' experience in the Cloud Technology field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Knowledge of enterprise-grade networking technology
- Expertise in IAM, AD, SAML, Multi-Factor Authentication
- Familiarity with SDN, VPCs, Transit Gateways, and Cloud APIs
- Knowledge of VMWare Hypervisor, Containerization and MicroServices
- Experience with IaC using tooling such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience with scripting using languages such as Python
- Active TS/SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.