The Microsoft Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and
maintenance of systems hardware and software and related Novetta IT infrastructure. This individual ensures that system
hardware, operating systems, software systems, domain services, and related procedures adhere to organizational values,
enabling mission success.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and
key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform weekly backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Document the environment, and update the documentation when necessary.
- Troubleshoot GPO settings, and have the ability to manage the GPOs to test new settings as needed to meet security
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new
services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Novetta infrastructure applications or Asset Management
applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures as needed.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU,
memory, and disk partitions as required on IT infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- You must have verifiable experience working with Windows OS in an Enterprise Environment.
- You must be self motivated and a subject matter expert in Windows and Microsoft software technologies.
- Powershell scripting (mid level)
- Network Policy Server (NPS)
- Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Group Policy Structure and Administration (GPOs)
- Domain Sites and Services structure and management
- Domain Replication Services (DFS)
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt
- Domain Name Services (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
- Backup Systems Management
- Must be able to obtain a U.S Government Security Clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.