We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared, well-rounded Windows and VMware engineer to support an on-premise virtual environment and cloud-based systems. You will be a member of a team of 8 engineers managing, maintaining, and securing vSphere resources, Windows Active Directory, and Windows Servers on two heterogeneous Research and Development (R&D) networks. These accredited networks are supported at two locations and provide private/public cloud services to a set of highly technical projects tackling some of DoD’s hardest data challenges. Services range from core services (Active Directory, VMWare, networks) to big data solutions such as Elasticsearch, AWS, and Azure. The ideal candidate needs to balance the agility of introducing new innovative services while maintaining the infrastructure to ensure the accreditation of the networks. The candidate will be responsible for supporting custom solutions throughout the IT project life-cycle, including refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance. Experience with Cloud and Scripting a plus. Should have a desire to learn something new every day and share it with others so the whole team can grow
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent IT certified experience.
- Ability to administer, configure and secure ESXi, vCenter, VSAN, and related storage
- Ability to administer, configure, and secure Windows Servers and Workstations, troubleshoot GPOs, Administer DNS, and use Powershell to automate processes.
- DoD 8570.1 Certification (e.g., Security+)
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Familiarity with Cisco switches, Dell PowerEdge servers, and storage appliances
- Experience with Linux administration in CentOS, Ubuntu, bash scripting
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible / Ansible Tower,
- Cloud experience or System Design Related Certifications (AWS, RHCA, and/or VCP )
- Knowledge of Python, Java, Bash, or have Software Development experience
- Active TS/SCI US Government security clearance is required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.