We are seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer, located in the Boston, MA area, to be responsible for the network design, test, and maintenance of development and production environments in support of a command and control (C2) software and hardware solution. This position installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications. Troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
- Design, implement, and support LAN/WAN networks and systems.
- Develop and maintain network system and service configurations.
- Document and troubleshoot network and system issues.
- Creates and maintains network diagrams, technical manuals and documentation.
- Test and evaluate network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least 8 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
- Five (5) years experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Three (3) years experience deploying and managing encryption devices
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows server configuration and operation
- Experience maintaining network baseline configurations, to include switching, routing, and firewall systems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
- Possess Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Security Clearance: Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.