As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for the support and maintenance of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise.
- Database support and maintenance; data storage, retrieval, flow; and analysis in support of an enterprise level, multi-user, big data aggregation, analysis, and reporting system using Oracle RAC
- Analyzing existing GOTS/COTS systems’ data feeds, schemas, and documentation; extrapolating data requirements from these analyses and translating them into design requirements
- Enabling mission information systems data management and processing, and collaborating with system developers to define interfaces between databases and other systems and applications for data ingestion
- Ensuring compliance with all DOD standards, regulations, policies, and STIGS
- Providing direct technical guidance and client support; and other tasks as needed/as directed
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in both SQL and NoSQL, Distributed System (Cloud), and Big Data technologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with implementing best practices for Enterprise datastores while adhering to all DOD standards, regulations, policies, and directives
- Active Security+ or Equivalent DOD8570 Compliant Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ Years’ experience implementing, supporting, maintaining, and optimizing Oracle and Postgres Databases and related technologies
- 5+ Years’ experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and related technologies
- 5+ Years’ experience designing enterprise database solutions that employ high availability, data replication, redundant failover, and data compartmentalization
- Demonstrated proficiency in database design, development, and management, software engineering principles, and ability to understand and work with new and emerging database technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency with database security, data encryptions, and knowledge of commercial-off-the-shelf or open source database management software
- Ability to develop tools, utilities, and procedures to automate maintenance functions and to define and develop tests for verification and validation of database solutions and installations
- Understanding of DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- Ability to develop database reporting utilities and capabilities also a plus
- Experience with Commercial or Government Cloud and Distributed Architectures and Technologies (VMWare, AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting a large, multi-node, Enterprise datastore
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting a SQL & NoSQL hybrid Enterprise datastore
- Demonstrated Proficiency with DoD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Processes and Concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Active DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.