Novetta is seeking an experienced Cloud Network Engineer to support ongoing and funded work at Hill AFB, UT. The selected candidate will design, install, harden, administer, troubleshoot, and support operational network connections and workloads in a classified cloud environment.
The Network Engineer will:
- Perform systems engineering and network engineering;
- Develop, test and implement hardware and software;
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), engineering documents, body of evidence (BOE) and other technical and security related documentation;
- Prepare for and participate in, the assessment and authorization of the system;
- Install, maintain, and support of all necessary network equipment to include CISCO routers, switches, firewalls, KG 175 D and G INEs, Various models of CISCO/Tandberg VTC infrastructure devices (to include VTC VoIP Hub) and end-points, CISCO prime infrastructure network control system (NCS), CISCO unified call manager (CUCM), CISCO Telepresence management suite (TMS), General Dynamics GEMx, and Solar Winds;
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco virtual appliances on AWS. Including VPN tunneling, RADIUS user authentication, clientless VPN configuration
- Design and plan network communication systems;
- Provide specification and detailed schematics for network architecture;
- Define and develop techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs to include current and future capacity;
- Conduct testing of network design;
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interface such as routers, firewalls, switches, etc;
- Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network; and
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and implement improvements to the entire enclave, to include but not limited to Cisco and JuniperStrong verbal and written communication skills.
- Security+ CE.
- 7 or more years of related experience, including administering and engineering Cisco networks with U.S. Government Type 1 encryption requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Advanced TCP/IP networking knowledge including security, addressing, subnetting, routing, and troubleshooting technique
- Experience configuring Cisco IOS hardware and/or virtual devices
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Experience with server scripting and modern deployment and configuration management techniques and tools (Ansible, OpsWorks, etc.).
- Experience managing Cisco network infrastructure including ASA firewalls, VPN, and Firepower devices and Firepower Threat Defense.
- Experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching, routing and VLANs.
- Experience with designing Network Topologies.
- Experience with Troubleshooting Network protocols, VPNs, and virtual devices.
- Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers. Ability to interface with seasoned Government personnel
- Experience working with DoD/IC networks
- Experience building and operating Amazon Web Services capabilities. AWS certification a plus
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
- Active TS/SCI in JPAS
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.