We are searching for a talented ScrumMaster / Business Analyst / Requirements Engineer to join our CloudTracker (https://www.novetta.com/products/cloudtracker/) product team. The successful candidate will have significant experience in analyzing and documenting business systems and processes to help drive product development. You will work closely with the lead product owner, user representatives and end-users to capture/document business needs, wants and processes. Candidates will have demonstrable experience with decomposing requirements into executable tasks in Atlassian JIRA and with writing measurable success criteria. Once captured, you’ll lead all Agile Scrum ceremonies through two week sprints, working with the team to refine, prioritize and point tasks via three-amigos, backlog grooming, demo/retrospective, and planning.
If you’re looking for a highly visible role in a great company, working with other super smart people, and want to help build a modern, cloud-native web application on AWS and Azure, then we want to speak with you! We use Agile Scrum, and release working software at the end of each two week sprint using CI/CD with Jenkins. We follow sound engineering best practices to design / mock, spec, build, test, and publish capabilities our users want and need. If this sounds interesting to you, please read the minimum requirements and apply!
- Works with the lead product owner, user representatives, end-users and other team members to understand project objectives, capabilities and requirements
- Analyzes and proposes work objectives/tasks related to market analysis, requirements elicitation / management, documentation, and testing/validation
- Represent our product with Customer Stakeholders, learn their business use cases and document tasks using Agile techniques
- Lead all Agile Scrum ceremonies, working with the team to refine, prioritize and point tasks via three-amigos, backlog grooming, demo/retrospective, and planning
- Analyze team performance / velocity and make recommendations to enhance team happiness, productivity, efficiency, etc
- Facilitate / coordinate three amigos, design/mockup sessions, backlog grooming, technical/functional spikes, sprint planning sessions, etc
- Provide recommendations on backlog prioritization and grooming
- Participate in all Agile meetings and work directly with team members to ensure they understand requirements and success criteria
- Participate in meetings with customers as requested
- Create and maintain documentation related to work performed on the project including, but not limited to, JIRA tasks, story and acceptance criteria definition, design artifacts and project wiki entries as requested by the Client program management team
Significant experience and deep understanding of:
- Requirements Gathering/Elicitation, and Analysis for Information Systems
- SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Developing business process documentation, Agile tasks with good success criteria, and task decomposition
- Analyzing business requirements and devising work objectives/tasks
- Working with UI/UX to develop mockups that capture/reflect the desired end-state
- Creating and fostering a collaborative work environment across the team, and with external customers/partners
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrates good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Other Bonus Skills/Experience
- Agile Product Owner Certification
- Agile ScrumMaster Certification
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.