Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success. At Novetta, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of diversity and inclusion by embracing our differences and perspectives - making us a stronger, more successful company.
Novetta is seeking an ISSO that will assist with implementing Information Security (IS) policy and guidelines while providing technical and procedural implementation strategy. This person will interface with the ISSM on matters related to securing the information system(s) and assist other Information System Security Officers/Engineers on the team by providing resolutions based on NIST guidance. In addition, this person will be responsible for testing security controls, creating POA&Ms, conduct interviews and collect artifacts to validate security control implementation. This candidate will work across multiple projects within the division and become an integral part of providing resolution of an Authorization to Operate (ATO), and continuous Ongoing Authorization (OA), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) for a system that utilizes hybrid cloud solutions to accomplish the task(s) defined by our client. Additionally, this candidate will be responsible for establishing secure policies, processes and procedures to institute a development (Dev) security (Sec), and operations (Ops) network/environment as we develop a continuous integration
– continuous delivery CI/CD pipeline to reduce our time to production and increase our deployment frequency as we integrate with other systems.
- 5+ years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or CNO software development or security research
- 2-5+ years network experience (including 1+ years of cloud experience) in large-scale global environment
- Ability to communicate security solutions with development/engineering team and customer
- Experience securing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and other cloud technologies
- Experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, using auditing tools, and secure data transfer between information systems
- Expertise in using databases or spreadsheets to develop/maintain Plans of Action & Milestone (POA&Ms)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Active DOD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II Certification or Higher Demonstrated knowledge and use of the NIST Risk Management Framework Processes.
- The ability to shift directions and work across multiple projects within the Cyber Defense Enablement (CDE) Division
- Experience creating and maintaining accreditation packages along with artifacts (i.e. System Security Plan (SSP), Privacy Impact assessment (PIA), Configuration Management Plan (CM), Contingency Plan (CP) and other essential documentation required for an ATO or CMMC authorization.
- Experience with FedRAMP compliance activities
- Experience in SAP and Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security
- Experience using Security scanning tools like Nessus, Tenable or Retina
- Experience with network monitoring technologies: Network-based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Experience operating in a DevOps or DevSecOps environment
- TS Clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.