Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success. At Novetta, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of diversity and inclusion by embracing our differences and perspectives - making us a stronger, more successful company.
Novetta is seeking an experienced Cyber Security ISSE) in support of an AWS cloud platform. This position will engage with customers of a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) service environment to assess, document, and elaborate their business requirements. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly scaling PaaS environment supporting important customer missions.
- Review new and existing systems for technical compliance with IA directives and protection of data at all classification levels including SCI. Advise on in-depth security design review and threat/risk assessments.
- Provide inputs to technical artifacts, including Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), and Risk Assessment Reports (RARs).
- Conduct site visits and assessments to inspect IA plans and security control implementations and support Incident Response Team (IRT) activities.
- Operate Splunk components and maintain functionality to include: clustered environments, forwarder configuration, installing standard configuration files, conducting SPL queries, and developing Splunk applications.
- Paring and normalizing data sets for inclusion in SIEM tools for monitoring.
- Create Splunk dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Conduct system analysis and user behavior analysis.
- Building and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for SIEM configuration and monitoring.
- Working with Engineers, Developers, and the ISSM, to document system settings and configurations as part of the Body of Evidence (BOE) for Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages in accordance with the NIST 800-53, Rev 4.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- Experience with NIST 800-53
- Experience with cloud environments.
- Knowledge of information security and assurance practices and principles.
- Experience building, securing, and/or monitoring Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or equivalent)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
- Splunk Certified Power User certification or higher
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on Windows or Linux systems
- Ability to operate independently in Windows and Linux environments with command line competence in either/both.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple efforts as needed.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.