Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Test Engineer to join our Development team. The Test Engineering Analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning.
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation for T&E use.
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates.
- Select, develop, and use analysis tools.
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points.
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessment to inform evaluation planning.
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selections, and to coordinate used participation in T&E.
- Program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test.
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance.
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans.
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E crosswalk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g. Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports).
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties.
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities.
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re: conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements.
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans.
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task.
- Recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 tasks for approval by the task leader.
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementations
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest.
- Five (5) years experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with poly is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.