Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Technical Writer to join our Development team. The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Gather technical information, prepare written text.
- Maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Coordinate layout and design of documents.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
- Apply customer technical manual standard to work products.
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract.
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods.
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manuals.
- Eight (8) years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with poly is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.