Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Data Scientist to join our Development team. The Data Scientist will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning.
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs).
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing.
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes.
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms.
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters.
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices).
- Oversee the development of individual analytic efforts and guide team in analytic development process.
- Guide analytic development toward solutions that can scale to large datasets
- Partner with software engineers and cloud developers to develop production analytics.
- Develop and train machine learning systems based on statistical analysis of data characteristics to support mission automation.
- Lead a team of data scientists in the development of multiple analytic efforts.
- Work with customers and SMEs to define analytic requirements and guide the team in formulating analytics that meet requirements.
- Guide the transition of prototyped analytics to production system.
- Understand emerging machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms and guide a team of data scientists in integrating state-of-the-art algorithms into solutions.
- Delegate analysis responsibilities to one or more team members and monitor performance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science).
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in two (2) or more of the following: designing/implementing machine learning, data mining, advanced analytical algorithms, advanced statistical analysis, artificial intelligence, or software engineering with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for two (2) years of experience for a total of eight (8) years experience required. A Doctoral Degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for four (4) years of experience for a total of six (6) years experience required.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with poly is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.