Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Test Engineer - Mid Level to join our Development team. The ideal candidate shall recommend testing methodologies to be used for specific systems, prepare test plans documenting the intended test methodology, and prepare test procedures and test cases based on specific requirements. The Test Engineer - Mid Level shall conduct various system tests (i.e. integration, systems, regression) with supervision, document and present test results, perform system validation and verification, and work with users and developers through all phases of system life cycle clarify requirements and ensure testability. The Test Engineer - Mid Level shall estimate resource needs for testing tasks for input into project budget and schedules and may be required to lead and mentor teams.
- Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years of experience with bug tracking software (e.g., Bugzilla).
- Four (4) years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
- Four (4) years of experience developing or testing software written in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby).
- Four (4) years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris platforms.
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience in a lead test role.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active SECRET clearance is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.