Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Junior Software Engineer who shall participate in all phases of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through design, development, integration and test in various object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby) with minimal supervision. They shall apply industry best practices to all development efforts and review, analyze and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting and supporting system administrators with the installation of software applications and shall develop training materials as tasked. The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches and conduct feasibility studies as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline or four (4) years demonstrated experience in full lifecycle software development to include requirements definition, design, development, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
- Two (2) years combined experience in each of the following:
- Software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Authoring or co authoring software documentation
- Two (2) years combined experience in one or more of the following:
- Public Key technologies (e.g., Public Key based authentication mechanisms) for applications
- Enabling row and column security
- Virtual Private Databases; and d) Dynamically loading data to database from XML
- Candidate must be eligible for US government security clearance.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.