Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a full stack Software Engineer (JAVA). We are responsible for building the next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. The candidate will work with the engineering lead to ensure successful development of high profile, complex, technical deliverables that are core to the continued success of our award-winning projects.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- May recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Helps convert business requirements into project task specifications and develops integrated software applications that achieve acceptance criteria
- Strong knowledge in Java, Advanced Java, Spring, Spring Boot and implementing microservices
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML
- Experience with Software Project Estimation and Module Decomposition
- Must have strong knowledge in Object oriented development, version control, and release management
- Experience with Database Development with SQL and T-SQL, including table design and migrations
- Experience building REST/SOAP services
- Experience with GraphQL, ElasticSearch, Neo4J
- Experience with building secured APIs utilizing authentication/authorization, tokens (Java Web Tokens), session management
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Familiarity with Jenkins Build Management and CI/CD tooling
- Familiarity with Testing Frameworks -e.g. JUnit, Mockito
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, CloudWatch, Management Console, VPC, etc
- TS/SCI w. CI Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.